Clarion

Filed under Trending

THE HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS

Just In Time for Halloween

Google images photos

Google images photos

On September twenty-first, 2018, the wacky and spooky movie called The House With A Clock In Its Walls was released. The movie was directed by Eli Roth. Starring Jack Black as Jonathan Barnavelt, Owen Vaccaro as Lewis Barnavelt, Cate Blanchett as Mrs. Zimmerman. The movie is based on the book written by John Bellairs. The setting of the movie is in Michigan during the 1950s. The movie starts out with ten-year-old Lewis Barnavelt, who after his parents died moves to Michigan to live with his Uncle Jonathan. Lewis discovers that his uncle is a warlock. Lewis also finds out that his uncle’s next-door neighbor Florence Zimmerman is a witch. Lewis wants his uncle to teach him magic. Jonathan does warn Lewis about how warlock magic is very powerful. Even though Mrs. Zimmerman is more powerful than Jonathan.

Because an evil wizard named Isaac Izard, constructs a magical clock with black magic. He died before he could finish the clock, but he did hide the clock in his house, which is now Uncle Jonathan’s house. Lewis and Jonathan must find it before Isaac’s wife Selena finds the clock.  “The House With A Clock In Its Walls is basically watchable” said Simon Abrams. “This movie is a magical kid friendly horror flick with exceptionally fun performances by Jack Black and Cate Blanchett” said Molly Freeman. “The movie has the pleasingly demented texture of Tim Burton” said The New York Times Ben Kenigsberg. The House With a Clock in Its Walls is a family friendly blend of humor and horror. With an infectious sense of fun. The genre of this movie is comedy, kids/family, science fiction and fantasy. “Director Eli Roth’s first foray into family-friendly movies is not a masterpiece, but it is just spooky and funny enough to entertain young moviegoers who are new to the horror genre” said Sandie Angulo Chen a critic reviewer for Common Sense Media. Watch the movie to find out if Lewis, Jonathan, and Mrs. Zimmerman can find the clock before it is too late.