TEACHER BECOMES PROFESSOR

Returning Teacher, Mrs. Sleet Continues Part-Time at CHS While Beginning at Ivy Tech Community College

Alex Edwards , Staff Writer

After numerous years as the freshman english and psychology teacher, outstanding teacher, Amanda Sleet receives promotion to not only teach part-time at CHS, but to become a professor at Ivy Tech Community College. This change to our school is one of over twenty to the staff. While we regret saying goodbye to other staff members, we are grateful that psychology will remain available and be offered by Sleet. “I am teaching Psyc 101 at CHS as well as at Ivy Tech. It’s a subject that anyone can relate to, and most students become intrigued by how much the study of psychology relates to them individually,” Sleet explained.

We often forget that to be a teacher, it requires an extensive education and experience in the classroom. Those two qualifications are definitely met by Sleet. “I graduated from IU with my Bachelor in secondary english education,” Sleet said. Also, she earned a masters degree from the Chicago school of professional psychology. As for experience, she states that she has, “taught English 9 for eleven years and Psyc 101 for the dual-credit classes for the last five of those eleven years.” She has nothing but excitement and positivity for this next step because, “psychology is my passion as well as teaching in a college environment,” Sleet said.

The main reason for her success is the hard work she displays towards her goals each and every year. “Student success is a constant goal that is pertinent to both CHS and Ivy Tech. The best quality of CHS is the attentiveness of teachers and their dedication to students. Ivy Tech shares ideals of student dedication and a commitment to helping students achieve their academic goals,” Sleet said. With all this being said, students at both CHS and Ivy Tech should be nothing but enthusiastic and ready for this next step in her career.