A BLACK TIE AFFAIR

Photo+Provided

Photo Provided

Max Ackerman, Staff Writer

Prom is the epitome of high school experiences and here at Connersville High School, this years’ Senior Prom was a hit. The theme, Black Tie Affair, made it a night to remember that would put the Met Gala to shame. 

Students spent the majority of the day preparing for their magical night on Saturday, May 7th. Many girls had scheduled hair and makeup appointments, while most of the guys could have relaxed before they had to get ready for Prom. Many different wardrobe styles were seen that night with a few notable fashion trends. Before prom, which began at 7:30, students were able to walk across the stage with their date or group whilst being introduced, and able to show off these glorious outfits. This can be viewed on LocalTV3’s YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xds650D7rFU

Couple Aliyah Templeton and Evan Granger were crowned Prom Queen and King towards the end of the night. Congratulations!

Students enjoyed dancing to all of the music, eating the snacks provided, being photographed by Taiwan Metcalfe, and made memories that are sure to last. “My favorite part would have had to be when everyone was dancing and having a good time,” says Lilly Anne Huntsman, l2. 

Prom lasted three hours, ending at 10:30,  and was succeeded by After Prom at Connersville’s Armory which lasted until 2 a.m. Students could play cornhole and ride a mechanical bull as well as win raffle baskets that contained awesome prizes like laptops or giftcards. Snacks and drinks were also served here, allowing for students to have a great night.The night was filled with dancing and music, and was surely a night to remember.