JUNGLE JIMS

Cincinnati USA Photo

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

The Connersville High School French Honor Society, French club, and Spanish club traveled to Jungle Jim’s in Fairfield, Ohio as an optional field trip on April 20, 2022. Jungle Jim’s is an international market with foods and other items from around the world. Students met at the flagpole at CHS at 9:20 A.M. where bus driver Marvin Giesting transported the students to Jungle Jim’s. 

Judith Echano Medina, the French Honor Society and French club sponsor, says, “The World Languages Clubs have been going to Jungle Jim’s since 2008. [Honor Society] also invites the exchange students to join because it is very exciting to find food from back home.”

The reason for going to Jungle Jim’s in particular is because “once at Jungle Jim’s, students get to practice many skills: time management, being aware of their surroundings, personal property, math skills when calculating their money, language skills when reading labels… and of course, it is also fun to try the free samples offered,” explained Medina. Along with all these reasons, the main one was to see all the international foods!

First year French  Honor Society member Megan Rowe, 10, went with her sister Amy Rowe,11. Megan says her “favorite part of the trip was definitely seeing all the different food options at the bakery,” and that, “[she] got to see different kinds of foods and spices from different countries.” Since this is the first trip she has been on with the group, Megan recognized that she loves “the new experiences [she] gets to be a part of in the French Honor Society.”

The French Honor Society continues to need to gain volunteer hours, but hopefully this trip relieved the stress!