LIFE IN THE DUGOUT

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Google Images Photo

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

The Connersville High School baseball team has begun their spring season! The team practices every day of the week, excluding Sunday. 

Camden Schonfeld, 10, is a part of the Junior Varsity baseball team. Schonfeld’s favorite part about the sport is “being around the team and [his] best friends.” He believes the season has “started off rough for both teams [Varsity and Junior Varsity], but it is still very early so [the teams] have a lot of time to recover.” The Junior Varsity’s first game was away at Batesville High School on Monday, April 4, 2022 starting at 5:30 P.M. The Spartans lost 0-15.

The Varsity’s first game was a win with a score of 1-0. The game took place at home against Richmond on Wednesday March 30, 2022, at 6:00 P.M. Brayden Lykins, 11, was the one who sealed the win by “lasting three innings, allowing one hit and zero runs while striking out two and walking one,” (Connersvilleathletics.com). This means Lykins stayed in the game longer, holding off the opponents. The following two games Varsity played in were not as grand. The team lost against Batesville , 0-1, at a home game on Monday, April 4, 2022, at 6:00 P.M.

The next game was also against Bateville, but this time Connersville traveled to their high school field on Thursday, April 7, 2022, at 5:30 P.M. Connersville lost 0-1. A highlight for the Spartans was made by Gavin Pearson, 11, hitting a single in the first inning. 

The Spartans still have a whole season ahead for some victories!