SWINGING INTO SPRING

Photo+Provided

Photo Provided

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

The Connersville High School spring 2022 softball season has started! The girls who made varsity this year were: Paige Dunaway, 12, Abby Badore, 12, Kara Schneider, 12, Baylie Spurlock, 11, Kindred Conley, 11, Shelby Wolski, 11, Sydney Dungan, 11, Rayleigh Bresher, 10, Mckenna Lucas, 10, Carmen Ruble, 9, Bre Brock, 9, and Jade Green, 9. The managers on varsity are Kiley Smith, 11, and Brittney Bottomley, 12. The varsity head coach is Steve Ruble and the assistant coach is Ashley Ruble. The team practices Monday through Saturday, excluding game days. 

Bresher has been practicing this sport her whole life. She began playing “T-ball when [she] was four, and then started travel softball when [she] was 8, and now [she] is playing on the varsity team in Connersville!” The drive to keep playing this sport is mainly because of “the bonds [players] create with the team, and all the memories you make on and off the field with your teammates and coaches,” Bresher said. 

Their first scrimmage was on Saturday, March 19, 2022. A scrimmage is where two teams play against each other for practice, and the score will not be documented. This will take place at the CHS softball field and will start at 11 A.M. Connersville will face Jennings County High School.

The first official game WAS be Saturday, April 2, 2022. The game will start at 10 A.M. and will be located at Oldenburg Academy, 1 Twister Cir, Oldenburg, IN, 47331. Good luck lady Spartans!