CHS THEATER : THE LAST SHOW OF THE YEAR

Google Images Photo

Google Images Photo

Mason Burkhart, Staff Writer

Coming back again for the first show of 2022 and the last show of this school year, Lynette Eklund, assistant director Daniel Phelps, the crew, and returning actors who previously brought suspense, devastation, and sorrow into their previous shows present a new show, “Little Shop of Horrors.” This dark comedy musical dives into the wicked and strange, creating a funny but gut-wrenching story. “Little Shop of Horrors” follows a gawky boy named Seymour Krelborn who is a florist taking care of a plant. However, it is not a pretty plant, it is a humongous venus fly trap that feeds on flesh and blood. This show will be live for the public on April 22 at 7.00 P.M, 23 at 7.00 P.M, and 24 at 3.00 P.M. Ticket prices will be $5.00 for students and $7.00 for adults.

This will be the last play of the year and for some performers, this will be their last show to perform as Connersville High School actors. “This is my last show with the Connersville High School Theater Department and I’m both excited for the show and heartbroken that I don’t get to experience shows with these people anymore,” Jordan Pyle, 12, said. It is important to everyone who had a hand in making this show possible that people come and watch it. It will be pure enjoyment with a dark comedic twist. 

To all of the seniors performing for the last time on April 22 through 24, you have put on great performances throughout the years and shone a light on kids with a passion for theater. Showing them that it is okay to do something you love, to get up on stage and perform their heart out.

Good luck to all of the performers! And don’t forget to come watch the show on April 22, 23, and 24, you won’t wanna miss it!