RUNNING TO YOUR DREAMS

Google Images Photo

Google Images Photo

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

Jacob Kirchoff has recently taken on the responsibility of distance head coach of the Connersville High School co-ed track team. The distance portion of track is where the athletes run 800 meters, one mile, and two miles.

Kirchoff is approaching the new position with a positive attitude, stating that it “feels fantastic. I have been wanting to coach for years and this is a huge opportunity that I am very excited about.” Kirchoff was the assistant coach for distance last year and says he really enjoyed it. He loves “being able to run around and scream in support of them [the runners] as they race or work out.” Kirchoff has a lot of running experience; running since he was eleven years old. He ran all throughout middle school, high school, and college. He has also participated in many trial runs, half marathons, cross country, and track and field meets. 

Paige Dafler, 11, is impressed by Kirchoff because he has “helped [her] in distance by being very supportive and listening to what we think while working with us.” Dafler has been in track and field for three years and Kirchoff has been a part of helping her run for two of those three years. She loves how “he includes everyone and believes in everyone being supported by one another and having fun while also working hard.” 

The first meet was Saturday, March 5, 2022, starting at 9:00 A.M. at East Central High School. This was an indoor invitational, meaning the athletes will run at an indoor track. The athletes will be able to see if Kirchoff’s coaching paid off!