RUN ON OVER TO TRACK AND FIELD !

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

It is that time of year again. Track and Field season is coming up and if you missed the call out meeting that took place Thursday, January 13, 2022, you can still join.

Track and Field is a sport that consists of various events: sprinting, mid-distance, long distance, throwing, or field events. If someone decides to do field events, they have the option of trying high jump, long jump, or pole vault. 

Official practice starts February 14 and will be from 4:00-5:30 P.M. days Monday through Friday. As far as attendance, athletes are expected to  attend all practices. If the student has more than five unexcused absences, they will be dismissed from the team. Since conditioning started January 24, 2022, attendance is not mandatory until official practice starts, February 14, but is strongly encouraged.

Zoe Brock, 11, is a five year track member. She was involved all two years of middle school, and this is her third year in high school. Brock is a thrower, doing shot and disc. Her goal for this year is to throw the disc in the 90’s (90 feet). Track is a great opportunity to “make new friends, meet people and just be able to do a sport with a bunch of amazing people,” Brock states.

The first meet will take place March 5, 2022 at East Central. This will be an indoor invite starting at 9:00 A.M. If you would like more information, reach out to The head coaches are Keli House and Jeff Cooley. The Assistant Coaches are Tim O’rourke, Dennis Perkins, Macaulay Vessels, Ron Paxton, and Zach Morgan. Good luck Spartans!