THROW OF THE YEAR

Facebook+Photo

Facebook Photo

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

The Connersville High School Color Guard’s 2021 season has come to an end after competing on Saturday, October 9. The band and guard performed three pieces: Hoe Down (from Rodeo, a ballet), Gabriel’s Oboe, and The Magnificent Seven. The theme for the show was “The Wild West,” including building props such as the bank, sheriff’s office, and a general store. In the competition, the band and guard placed thirty-first and did not qualify to proceed to State Finals. 

The color guard team was coached by Grace Jefferies in previous years, but Alissa Hendrickson has taken over for this season. Hendrickson is a college student at Vincennes University, and it is her first year fully taking on the job as the Color Guard Coach. 

This year the team only has one senior, Serena Dampier. Dampier is a four year member, color guard was a way for her to “become more confident and happier,” Dampier said. She would describe the last performance as “one of the bittersweet moments this year,” Dampier stated. Her time to shine is not over yet because winter guard is coming up.

The winter guard call out meeting took place October 12, 2021, at 4:30 P.M. Winter Guard began their camp November 3 and went until November 5, all at 4:00 P.M. until 7:00 p.m. In winter guard, these athletes will perform at home basketball games located in the Connersville Middle School Spartan Bowl. If anyone is interested in joining the winter guard, please contact Levi Thompson at [email protected]