GOING LOCO FOR SPANISH CLUB

Google Images Photo

Google Images Photo

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

Exploring other cultures and ways of life can seem interesting to certain people. Spanish Club is a way for students to practise the language and explore Mexican culture. The club offers many activities such as, “movies, games, Spanish conversation, and cultural holiday parties,” Spanish teacher Senorita Kelsey Brown stated. Brown used to be the sponsor of the club, but has recently stepped back and has not been as active. Senorita Olivia Richards, another Spanish teacher, has taken on the responsibility of sponsoring, meaning she is the one in charge for this after school club. Brown has helped out with some of the events this year, like the game and conversation activity. The games include Uno, Guess Who, and the upper levels just practiced speaking Spanish. Many students are busy with sports and keeping their grades up, but since the club is not a “weekly” activity, the meetings only occur a couple times “a month during SRE or after school,” Brown explained. 

If you are interested do not miss the next call out meeting, which takes place at the beginning of the year. Also  make sure to listen for the announcements at the end of the day, as there are events all throughout the year. Students are free to join the club whenever they are interested, or even if there is a particular event they would like to participate in. The club goes on until the end of the year, but you may want to be involved in an actual Spanish class to receive the best experience. If you have any questions, or find it interesting, email Richards at [email protected]