KICKING OFF THE SEASON

Photo+Provided

Photo Provided

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

Starting the season with a strong attitude, the soccer team has already gotten down to business. The girl’s soccer team has gained two new members, Emilie and Nicole, both are foreign exchange students and offensive players; they are catching on well. The two did not get to join the practices until mandatory practices started. This means they did not get any of the summer conditioning but are still pushing through. The two of them will both be able to play in a game after ten practices, so they will be playing out on the field very soon.

With their first official match against New Castle on August 17, 2021, the players set the bar high with a score of 6-0. Senior Molly Crank scored four of the six goals, giving Connersville a huge lead. Karly Lane and Kiley Smith both scored one goal each. The Lady Spartans have been conditioning and training for this moment since June 2nd. Coach Jeff Cooley seemed pleased with the outcome. “I predict that we will have a good season,” Cooley explained, as the odds so far are looking high. The second game took place at Richmond High School, August 19th, 2021, at 5:30 p.m. This will be a home game, involving both varsity and junior varsity players. Mr. Cooley’s expectations are high, as well as his spirits. “I hope to win as many games as we can,” Cooley said. Many games are to come, but the Lady Spartans are starting off on the right foot.