DANCING FOR OUR FALLEN

CHS Spartanettes Photo

Abby Soriano, Staff Writer

The Connersville High School dance team is back at it with fewer COVID-19 restraints, so far. The dancers were able to attend the 2021 summer NDA camp, held at Ball State University on July 10. After three days of work, the girls earned the opportunity to travel to Waikiki, Hawaii, to dance in the 80th Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade. Coach Sandee Toschlog is excited because the CHS dance team has not had the opportunity to attend this event in a long time. Although this opportunity is amazing, it comes with a cost. The price is roughly $2500, or more, per girl. With that being said, if people “want to make any donations to the team, they can contact me,” Coach Toschlog said. The Spartanettes have to individually fundraise their own money. The girls have spent hours trying to make money with activities such as car washes and boot drives. Many have tried selling products such as candy bars, meat sticks, pies, and trash bags. Though Spartanettes are raising funds, the main priority for the team is “to support as many athletic teams as possible,” Toschlog said. The dancers are performing at a variety of games including volleyball, football, boys and girls soccer, and more. The team handles dancing for as many teams as they can, as well as practicing Wednesday and Thursday from seven to nine. If anyone in the community would like the CHS Spartanettes to dance for community events or any sports, you can contact them at (765) 825-3834!