UPCOMING ANIMALS OF THE WEEK

UPCOMING ANIMALS OF THE WEEK

Claire Stinger, Editor

Due to the pandemic, animal shelters are receiving even fewer visits than pre-pandemic. With this being said, the number of animals in shelters are continually on the rise. There are fewer and fewer kennels available and with less people visiting shelters, there is an even larger need for adoptions. The Connersville High School Clarion will be visiting the local animal shelter every Friday and selecting two animals, one cat and one dog, to write profiles about  in order to help increase adoptions and visits. 

Each profile will include a backstory of the animal, if available, breed and gender, agreement with other animals, as well as prices for adoption fees and vaccinations. If the animal has a name, subject to change after adoption, this will also be available here. There will be photos to go with the profile as well. If you have any questions about an animal you see here, contact the Fayette County Animal Shelter. Their contact information is (765)-825-8693, or visit them at 1703 Michigan Avenue. They also have a Facebook page where they update on newly found or surrendered animals as well as which animals have been adopted. 

The first animal profiles will be posted during the upcoming months, so keep your eyes peeled for your potential furry family member.