CHS WELCOMES NEW COUNSELING INTERN

Jordan Pyle, Staff Writer

This year, Connersville High School has a counseling intern—Angela Erfman. Erfman’s office is located in Conference Room B, and she is in there on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and occasional Mondays throughout the school year. Erfman will work mostly with bridge students, but her counseling services will also be available to students in all other grades as well. 

Erfman said she decided to become a school counselor because she has “been a licensed social worker for many years.” Erfman continued, “I knew I wanted to become a counselor to further help children and families, and I am especially drawn to high school aged kids. I like working with students as they are figuring out how to transition into adulting.”

Before becoming a counselor, Erfman “worked in the Franklin County School System as a substitute teacher and Foreign Exchange Student Coordinator for many years.” Erfman said she became an intern at Connersville High School because she “wanted to be close to home but get to know a whole new group of students, teachers, fellow counselors, and administrators.”

“I love getting to know my students and hearing their stories. I learn from each one. Together we work to manage life and reach goals,” Erfman said.

Students who want to meet with Erfman should sign in with Emily Bell in the counseling office. Bell, the Guidance Secretary,  will send students over to Erfman after they sign in. Any student going to see Erfman should have a pass from a teacher or fill out a green slip before going to see her unless she is notified in advance.