ADULTING DAY

Back to Article
Back to Article

ADULTING DAY

Trent Eklund Photo

Trent Eklund Photo

Trent Eklund Photo

Trent Eklund Photo

Kaylah Harris, Staff Writer

Adulting Day was to train you to do things as an adult would. There were stations that taught you how to do your taxes, how to change a tire, and other stations. There were a total of five stations. There were stations on taxes, loans, and cars. Starr Maize, a junior and one of the participants, said that, “I learned what to do when I get pulled over and what not to do.”. The car station was to teach you how to change a tire, how to check your break lights, how to start a car, and many other things. 

Hailey Elliott Photo

For Mazie, “the most exciting part was car maintenance because I got to check out a new 2019 Dodge truck.”. Fellow participant, Piper Wright, said, “I learned about some basic car maintenance, such as changing your oil and tires. Also, how to jump start a car. I learned about banking and checking accounts, also writing a check.”

Most of the participants enjoyed the car station, where you were taught how to jump start a car, how to fix your brake lights, how to change a tire, and how to check your oil. Some students got to start the cars. The kind of cars that were at that station was a new 2019 Dodge Ram truck, and a new 2019 Tesla van.  

Plenty of students would say they learned something during Adulting Day, even though it was only the first three periods of the day. Adulting Day was a success.